Bradford NATIONAL Bank
For Immediate Release
September 5, 2007
Bradford National Bank Celebrates 140 Years of Community Banking
Greenville - Bradford National Bank, with offices in Greenville, Highland and Marine, will be holding a 140th anniversary celebration on Saturday, September 15th from noon to 3 pm at the main bank in Greenville. The anniversary celebration will feature live entertainment, plenty of food, games, activities for the children and much more.
Live music will be provided by the Ozark Travelers Blue Grass Band. Free food includes pork burgers cooked by the AMVETS, kettle corn, an ice cream social and a giant birthday cake. There will be plenty for the children to do including face painting, an inflatable kiddiepilliar, crafts and a caricature artist. Back by popular demand will be the Bradford National Bank Money Machine, where participants have the opportunity to grab cash and other great prizes.
Bradford National Bank will also provide Old Time Photos in a special commemorative frame. Participants can dress up in old fashioned clothing and have their pictures taken for free.
Those attending can register free for several great prizes including a $500 savings bond.
As part of the anniversary celebration, two special commemorative pieces were created. An eight page newspaper was published and distributed throughout area newspapers providing the most comprehensive history of the bank to date. Extra copies of the publication are available at all Bradford locations. The second commemorative piece will be unveiled at the anniversary celebration and will be given to those attending while supplies last. This piece took months to create and is a wonderful collector’s item.
Bradford National Bank president Frank Joy said, “We are looking forward to our anniversary celebration and invite everyone in the community to come and celebrate with us.”
Bradford National Bank was founded in 1867 by James Bradford and his son Samuel. The bank, known then as Bradford and Son’s Bank, was located on Second Street and served as the banks home until 1911. In 1910, under the direction of bank executive Herman Riedemann, the bank received its national charter and became known as Bradford National Bank. A new facility was constructed on Second Street, which still stands today.
In 1967, as the bank celebrated its 100th anniversary, bank president Walter Joy announced the construction of a new bank at 100 East College. The bank was constructed on property once owned by Samuel Bradford and the headquarters of the bank remains there today.|
In 1989, Bradford National Bank built its first branch on Idler Lane in Greenville. In 1998, under the direction of current president Frank Joy, the bank opened its first facility outside of Bond County in Marine, Illinois. In 2002, a new Bradford National Bank facility was constructed in Highland, Illinois.
Today, the bank has nearly $200 million in total assets with over 60 employees.